Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Acne Treatment in Webster, TX
What Is Acne?
While healthy skin might appear to be smooth and toned, it actually contains countless passages and outlets known as pores. Your face alone has millions of pores, and they can easily become clogged with dead skin cells and other substances. When that takes place, your body will react by producing blackheads and whiteheads. These issues can develop anywhere on the body, but they generally occur on the face, arms, neck, and back. If the blockage is not removed and oil accumulates, then bacteria will grow, and the area can become infected and inflamed. This skin condition is referred to as acne.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
The primary goal of any acne treatment is to keep the pores healthy and unclogged. Many teenage and adult patients choose professional acne treatments to quickly and safely restore the appearance of their skin and improve their quality of life. Some of the other benefits include:
- Little or no downtime after the treatments
- Fewer breakouts in the future
- Milder breakouts in the future
- A smaller chance of permanent scarring
- Healthier skin
- The opportunity to treat acne that has failed to respond to medication
How Do I Know When I Need Treatment for Acne?
Due to major hormonal changes, a very large percentage of people experience at least some acne while they are going through puberty. The average patient begins to develop acne between the ages of 12 and 17. While minor outbreaks are completely normal, you might benefit from professional treatments if you are struggling with one or more of the following issues:
- Discoloration due to severe acne and darker skin
- Your acne has resulted in scarring
- Standard treatments and over-the-counter remedies are not working
- The acne is producing painful lesions that are filled with puss
- Your blemishes are negatively impacting your social life
- Your overall quality of life is poor