Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Juvederm® Treatment in Webster, TX
What Is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is a type of dermal filler consisting of a gel containing hyaluronic acid that is injected into the skin to moisturize it from within. It works by making the skin plumper, which has the effect of smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles and making the skin more resilient to environmental damage that can prematurely age skin.
The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm® is recognized by your body and is almost identical to what your body produces, so there is very little chance of an allergic response to the treatment.
Hyaluronic acid is important because this substance can absorb and hold a tremendous amount of water molecules, which hydrate and smooth your skin. When you get older, your body produces far less hyaluronic acid, which tends to dry out your skin and make it more susceptible to the formation of lines and wrinkles. Juvederm® replaces much of this lost hyaluronic acid, reversing the process and smoothing away wrinkles.
Benefits of Juvederm® Treatments
Juvederm® has a reputation for being a safe and effective treatment and may be performed quickly in the doctor’s office. It is considered appropriate for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles and other symptoms of aged skin.
Juvederm® has the following benefits:
- Offers an excellent alternative to traditional cosmetic surgery
- Results are long-lasting, up to one year
- Treatment is quickly and easily performed in-office
- No synthetic ingredients
- Lengthy downtime or recovery period not needed
How Are Juvederm® Treatments Administered?
Juvederm® is delivered using a very fine needle to inject the gel into areas of the face where it is needed the most.
Juvederm® treatments are considered to be safe and effective because:
- The product is delivered inside a smooth gel that flows easily into skin
- Injections are delivered with the use of a very fine needle
- A local numbing agent may be applied to enhance your comfort
- Juvederm® contains lidocaine, a commonly used numbing agent
- The procedure is fast, taking under one hour and results are immediately visible