Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Juvederm® Treatment in Seabrook, TX
What Is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is an injectable dermal filler with the active ingredient hyaluronic acid, a natural compound that boosts the ability of skin cells to remain hydrated. Different than other dermal fillers on the market, Juvederm® is not used to directly remove wrinkles or fine lines. Instead, Juvederm® works by adding fullness and volume to the skin, causing lines, creases, and wrinkles to smooth out and soften.
The active ingredient in Juvederm® is used by the body to bind with water to keep the skin soft, voluminous, and supple. As we age, our body produces less hyaluronic acid, causing the skin to dry out and become less supple. Juvederm® is a safe and proven method of smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and creases by improving the skin’s ability to stay hydrated.
Benefits of Juvederm® Treatments
Juvederm® injections are a tested and safe procedure that can be safely performed in a doctor’s office to reduce the signs of aging, including wrinkles, creases, and fine lines. Juvederm® is one of the most popular dermal fillers on the market for several reasons, including:
- No downtime or recovery period necessary
- It doesn’t contain any artificial or synthetic ingredients
- The procedure can be quickly and safely performed in a doctor’s office
- Results appear quickly and last up to one full year
- An affordable and effective alternative to cosmetic surgery
How Are Juvederm® Treatments Administered?
When you come in for your Juvederm® treatment, the doctor will use a very fine-gauge (thin) needle to carefully inject hyaluronic acid into targeted areas on your face. The procedure is comfortable, effective, and safe because:
- Treatment times usually last between 30 and 60 minutes
- Results are visible within minutes
- Juvederm contains lidocaine, a safe and time-tested substance that numbs the area
- Juvederm is an ultra-smooth gel that delivers smooth and natural results
- When desired, your doctor can also use a local anesthesia for complete comfort
- Injections are made with a fine-gauge needle to minimize irritation and discomfort