Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Juvederm® Treatment in Houston, TX
What Is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is one of the safest and most widely used injectable cosmetic treatments on the market. This dermal filler delivers hyaluronic acid (HA) to skin cells to provide much-needed hydration to the skin from within. Juvederm® is an injectable filler that’s in a class of its own because it smooths and softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by adding volume and support to the underlying structure of the skin.
The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm® is derived from non-animal-based sources, and it’s similar in chemical makeup and function to the hyaluronic acid that’s naturally produced in the skin. Hyaluronic acid attracts and binds to water to keep the skin supple, hydrated, and smooth, but as we age, we produce less and less hyaluronic acid, which greatly contributes to the loss of hydration and moisture in aging skin. Juvederm’s biocompatibility with the body’s own stores of hyaluronic acid makes it one of the safest and most effective anti-aging treatments for facial lines, wrinkles, and creases.
Benefits of Juvederm® Treatments
Because of its high safety level, Juvederm® can be easily injected during a short, in-office visit to treat lines, wrinkles, creases, and other signs of aging. Juvederm® has become one of the top anti-aging treatments among patients for a number of reasons, including:
- Effective results without cosmetic surgery
- Results that last for up to 12 months
- Short and simple treatment sessions performed right in the doctor’s office
- Zero downtime
- A naturally occurring, synthetic-free formula
How Are Juvederm® Treatments Administered?
Juvederm® is strategically injected into the desired areas of treatment using a fine-gauge needle. To achieve optimal results, most patients require multiple treatment sessions. Treatments sessions are safe, comfortable, and convenient for the majority of patients due to:
- A gel-like formula and smooth consistency
- The tiny, fine-gauge needle used to administer injections
- A composite blend of lidocaine in the Juvederm® formulation
- The application of a local anesthetic at the start of the procedure to minimize discomfort
- Short, 30 to 60-minute treatment sessions that provide immediate results for some patients