Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Juvederm® Treatment in Houston, TX
What Is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is a type of injectable filler that delivers hyaluronic acid in a gel to enhance the moisture content of skin cells. Juvederm® is used to safely and effectively minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by making the skin plumper through internal hydration.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally produced by your body. It possesses the special property of attracting moisture. This helps plump your skin and smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, much like a balloon becomes smooth when inflated.
Unfortunately, as we age our bodies produce smaller amounts of hyaluronic acid, and our skin begins to show signs of fine lines and wrinkles as a result. The good news is that Juvederm® treatments can help restore proper hyaluronic acid levels. The gel can be delivered in areas where it is needed the most to smooth away fine lines and wrinkles by plumping the skin.
Benefits of Juvederm® Treatments
Juvederm® works by helping replace the hyaluronic acid that has been lost due to the aging process.
Juvederm® has the following benefits:
- Offers a safe and effective alternative to traditional surgery
- Fast treatments performed in-office
- Results are long-lasting, typically 12 months
- No artificial ingredients
- No downtime required
How Are Juvederm® Treatments Administered?
Juvederm® gel is injected into the treatment area using a very fine needle, supplementing depleted hyaluronic acid. Treatments are fast, safe, and your results are immediate.
Juvederm® is a safe and comfortable treatment because:
- The gel is very smooth and not rough on soft tissues
- The treatment is performed using a very fine needle
- Juvederm® contains lidocaine, an effective numbing agent
- A local anesthesia may be applied to enhance your comfort
- The treatment takes less than 60 minutes, and results are immediate
- Since hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by the body, no allergic reaction should be expected