Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Juvederm® Treatment in Friendswood, TX
What Is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is a dermal filler that is injected into the face to provide hyaluronic acid directly to skin cells. Hyaluronic acid is crucial in helping cells to retain moisture. Most dermal filler treatments try to remove fine lines and wrinkles directly, but Juvederm® works to add fullness to the skin, causing wrinkles and lines to soften naturally.
Juvederm® contains hyaluronic acid that is similar to that which is naturally found in your skin. It binds with the moisture in your body to aid in the maintenance of smoother skin. As you grow older, your body decreases its production of hyaluronic acid, and as a result, the amount of hydration found in your skin cells lessens. Juvederm® has proven to be a safe and effective product to help your body replace that lost hyaluronic acid so it can erase the creases that surround your mouth, nose or other areas of your face.
Benefits of Juvederm® Treatments
Juvederm® is effective for the reduction of wrinkles, visible creases, and fine lines, and can be safely and quickly performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office. Juvederm® has grown in popularity for the following reasons:
- It is a less invasive alternative to plastic surgery
- The results are long-term, lasting about 12 months
- The treatment is simple and quick and can be performed in the doctor’s office
- It requires no downtime or recovery period
- It contains no synthetic ingredients
How Are Juvederm® Treatments Administered?
Juvederm® is injected into the skin with a very fine-gauge needle. The hyaluronic acid is placed into very specific areas of your face. The treatment is safe, effective and easy for most patients because:
- The consistency of the product is a smooth gel
- It is injected with a small gauge needle
- Juvederm® injections include lidocaine, a numbing agent
- The doctor may use a local anesthesia to take away discomfort
- Most patients receive several injections for optimal results
- The treatment is fast, taking around 30 to 60 minutes, and results can be seen immediately