Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Acne Treatment in Seabrook, TX
What Is Acne?
Millions of pores, or tiny little holes, cover every inch of the skin’s surface. These little openings can become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and other materials, all of which can lead to the formation of whiteheads or blackheads. The neck, back, upper arm and facial skin are most susceptible to pore blockage. If clogged pores aren’t cleansed in a timely manner, bacteria can begin to thrive on the oil that’s accumulated in the pores, leading to inflammation of the skin, which is more commonly referred to as acne.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
With professional acne treatment, everyone from teenagers to adults can keep clogged pores and breakouts at bay and enjoy healthier, more manageable skin. Professional acne treatment comes with a range of benefits, including:
- Minimal side effects and subsequent downtime following treatment
- Beautiful, more radiant skin that looks and feels healthier
- Fewer breakouts and acne problems in the future
- A lesser chance of scarring
- The ability to clear the skin of acne that has failed to respond to medication
How Do I Know When I Need Treatment for Acne?
Nearly every pre-teen and teenager between the ages of 12 and 17 will experience an acne outbreak at some point due to the hormonal changes that occur during puberty. Some teens can resolve their acne problems with home remedies and over-the-counter treatments, but others may require professional care to control their breakouts. If you fit one or more of the following categories, you may require professional acne treatment:
- Individuals with darker skin tones may need professional assistance to manage discoloration in areas where an acne outbreak occurs
- Individuals who often experience scarring following acne outbreaks
- Individuals whose acne fails to respond to standard solutions and over-the-counter treatments
- Individuals who experience painful, pus-filled lesions alongside acne outbreaks
- Individuals who experience a diminished social life due to acne
- Individuals with an overall poor quality of life