Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Acne Treatment in Pearland, TX
What is Acne?
Every inch of your skin is covered by small holes called pores. A person’s face contains more than a million pores. For a variety of reasons, the pores can become blocked and cause whiteheads or blackheads to form. The upper arms, back, face and neck are prone to outbreaks. If the pores remain blocked, the build up of oil causes inflammation and bacteria growth, more commonly known as acne.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Teens and adults can benefit from acne treatment. Acne treatment keeps pores open and healthy. On top of managing outbreaks, the other benefits of acne management includes:
- Treatments clear up acne that is unresponsive to medication
- It reduces the occurrence of future acne issues
- Skin looks healthier and feels better
- Treatments require minimal downtime
How Do I Know If I Need Treatment?
Several factors, including hormonal changes, may cause young adults to experience at least a mild acne outbreak between the ages of 12 and 17. Professional acne treatment may be necessary if individuals experience the following:
- A decrease in the quality of life
- The acne causes scarring
- Individuals with darker skin tones notice discoloration in areas after an acne outbreak
- The acne produces painful, puss-filled lessons
- Acne is having an adverse effect on an individual’s social life
- Acne does not respond to over-the-counter treatments or standard therapies