Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Acne Treatment in Pasadena, TX
What Is Acne?
Your skin contains pores along every inch. These pores are tiny outlets or holes that can easily become blocked. Your face contains millions of these pores, and when they become blocked, they can form whiteheads or blackheads. The pores on your face, back, neck and upper arms are the most commonly blocked. When blocked pores aren’t cleaned, and oily residue builds up, bacteria can fester and grow leading to inflammation and acne.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Adults and teenagers alike can benefit greatly from professional acne treatments. A professional can help you to better manage your outbreaks and keep your pores in optimal condition to avoid future outbreaks. The benefits of professional acne treatments include:
- No downtime after treatments
- Future outbreaks are much milder
- Your skin will look and feel better
- Reduced acne issues in the future
- Less chance of scarring from severe forms of acne
- Clears up acne that hasn’t responded to over-the-counter remedies
How Do I Know When I Need Treatment for Acne?
The teen years are filled with hormone fluctuations. These hormonal changes that are experienced from the ages of 12 to 17 can lead to breakouts. Not every teenage breakout requires professional intervention. There are times when it is best to seek professional help for your acne. You might require professional care if you are dealing with one or more of the following issues:
- Discoloration following an acne outbreak (Usually seen in darker skin tones)
- Acne that leaves scars
- Acne that doesn’t respond to over-the-counter treatments
- Acne with painful pus filled pimples
- Acne that causes embarrassment
- Acne that affects your social life