Clear Lake Dermatologists Serve Patients Requiring Acne Treatment in Clear Lake, TX
What Is Acne?
Your skin contains pores, which are small holes that are found on every inch of your skin. Your face alone contains millions of pores. These pores can become blocked, leading to blackheads or whiteheads forming on your skin. The skin that covers your face, back, upper arms and even your neck are prime targets for blocked pores. When oil begins to form and block your pores it needs to be cleared immediately or it can lead to the growth of bacteria and inflammation, which results in acne.
Benefits of Acne Treatment
Seeking out a professional for the treatment of acne can help both adults and teens keep outbreaks to a minimum. It can also aid in unclogging pores and keeping the skin on your face healthy. There are many benefits to choosing professional acne treatments including:
- Very little downtime after treatments
- Milder future acne breakouts
- Healthier skin overall
- Fewer acne issues in the future
- Reduced chance of scarring from severe acne
- The chance to clear up acne that doesn’t respond to medication
How Do I Know When I Need Treatment for Acne?
Almost every teenager experiences some form of acne due to the hormonal changes that occur between the ages of 12 and 17. You should seek professional treatment if you experience one or more of the following:
- Discoloration of darker skin following an acne outbreak
- Any scarring after an outbreak
- Acne that does not respond to standard therapies or over-the-counter remedies
- Painful lesions that are filled with pus
- Acne that affects your social life
- A lessening in the overall quality of life due to outbreaks